Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My New Favorite Commercial

Have you guys seen the new Wendy's commercial? The one with the ranch tooth? In the commercial, this dude talks about how he has a ranch tooth instead of a sweet tooth that makes him crave ranch dressing. Everywhere the guy goes, this giant tooth wearing a cowboy hat and bandanna follows him around chanting "raaaanch."

It follows him to the store. It follows him to work. All the while, slowly chanting "raaanch, raaaanch." Finally, it follows him to a poker game, where the ranch tooth has its own seat at the table and chants "ranch, ranch, ranch, ranch" until one of the other guys at the table yells, "Tell your stupid ranch tooth to shut up." Then the dude buys a Wendy's Monterey Ranch Burger and the ranch tooth is finally sated. The commercial ends with the dude going to bed with the ranch tooth.

I CANNOT stop laughing at this commercial. I know it's stupid, but I can't help myself. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

I think I find it so funny because my best friend has a ranch tooth. I haven't encountered a food yet that she won't dip in ranch dressing. One evening, after a night of heavy drinking, we came back to my apartment, only to realize that I had no food in the fridge. So she proceeded to mix canned corn, cheese, and peppercorn ranch dressing and eat it.

Now that's one hell of a ranch tooth....