Sunday, August 28, 2005

Introducing.....The Bun

Hi, folks.

We are back from our vacation, and apparently just in time, given the weather on the gulf coast. It was lovely. I did a lot of laying around on the beach, laying around by the pool, and laying around in the condo. Who could ask for more?

While we were on vacation, I discovered that our bun making was successful! So.........I would like to introduce you to my baby. It's that tiny clump of cells inside of that belly up there.

I am absolutely stunned that we were successful so soon. First try--Slam dunk. I can't believe how lucky we are.

So far I haven't had many symptoms. I've been bloated and I've been eating us out of house and home, but I haven't had any morning sickness yet. I've also noticed the hormonal moodiness setting in. For example, in the past few days the following things have made me cry:

***The Little League World Series
***The song "Remember When" by Allan Jackson
***That Saturn commercial where the lady talks about how her son was two weeks late and how now she puts him first and that's why she bought a Saturn
***An episode of "The Girls Next Door"

For those of you who haven't been lucky enough to catch an episode of the television brilliance that is "The Girls Next Door," it's a reality show on E that follows around Hugh Hefner's girlfriends. It chronicles their fascinating and vapid lives in the Playboy Mansion. Anyway, one of Hef's girlfriends started crying in the show because she's never been in Playboy Magazine before and it's been her dream since she was four years old.

THIS actually made me tear up. I actually felt really sad because this woman hasn't had the "opportunity" to have millions of men choke the chicken to her naked pictures.

OBVIOUSLY, the crazy hormones have taken over.

Therefore, in order to keep this blog from devolving into a rambling pregnancy blog about constipation, boobs, and ultrasound pictures, I have started a separate blog to chronicle the pregnancy for those of you who are into that sort of thing. It can be found at:

Here we go........it's gonna be quite a ride