Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Evacuation Vacation

We are finally back from our surprise evacuation vacation. We hit some traffic on the way out (though not as bad as most people) and on the way back, but all in all, it turned out to be a nice little excuse to visit the family in Arkansas. After all, I don't usually get three days of free vacation. We returned to find our house completely intact except for a few branches in the backyard. So Rita turned out to be all bark and no bite.

In other news, I am FINALLY starting to feel better. The nausea is now only coming occasionally rather than daily and I feel like I just ran a 10K rather than a marathon. So hopefully, this will mean that I can once again gather together some intelligent thoughts to post on this site.

This weekend (at only 8 weeks) I was forced to buy my first pair of maternity pants as NOTHING in my closet fits me anymore. They have an elastic waist band.....yuck.

Will post a gratuitous big belly shot soon...